Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Update from the Fringe

Alright, forgive me an typos; I'm using my iPod and it loves autocorrect.

My laptop decided that our school wireless Internet is the shit ( the bad kind) and that it definitely wasn't god enough for it. Basically, my laptop has been disowned for the time being.

Back at school again. I get to start research for a campus project soon! I'm still not sure if it will be a program for freshman orientation week or a campaign to eliminate bottled water on camps, but I'm excited either way.

Sometimes I think that I'm really not cut out for environmental studies, but then I think about all the information I know that other people just ignore and it upsets me enough to want to educate them. That's when I know I didn't spend the last four years learning about a major I don't really care about.

Today I was talking with a few other seniors and we all kind of agreed that our lives feel like they're imploding in on themselves and there's nothing we can do to stop it. Then we all tried to convince ourselves it will be alright and we'll survive the next Threeandahalfmonths! (That's supposed to be scrunched together like that to show the panic the thought brings.)

I would love it if seniors had to talk to freshmen about their majors. I think it would have been nice to hear about the kind of program it is and the internships or resume building activities are good. I mean, it's good for us to figure out our own way; but it's also nice to get a good idea i the competition, right?

Anyway, that's the thought for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment