Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNo!!!

For those of you who don't recognize this term outside of it meaning tiny, NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month- which November is.

The purpose of this is to encourage writers to write 50,000 words in one month (about 1,666 words a day)- this is about the equivalent of a 200-page book. It's supposed to be a finished story- but I don't think anyone is too disappointed if they reach the goal but aren't finished.

Anyway, I've always been interested in doing this. But I have a terrible habit of not being able to write anything of decent length (to date, my longest story was a little over 6,000 words).

But now- novel idea in hand, a job I don't particularly care for, and epic amounts of computer time available, I will begin this challenge!!!

So sit back and enjoy the ride as I will undoubtedly be coming on here to whine about how I have writer's block or how my story sucks!

Hopefully you'll get daily updates on whether or not I'm succeeding!

0 comments:

Post a Comment