Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shit just got real!

Okay, the revelation that I'm almost done with college has been slowly building over the last few months. The laziness and procrastination and stress has all been weighing me down and making it impossible to actually believe that I'm going to receive the grades I would like.

It's not that I don't know what I'm talking about, it's the fact that I know I"m going to pass my classes and thus I will graduate and thus I don't need to do anything because even zeros on the rest of my assignments will still get me the hell out of here.

Looking back, it's been awesome. I know I'm going to cry when it's all over.

Today- it became real.

I did the grown-up thing and called a workplace hoping they'll hire me. They would pay enough for me to not have to live with my parents for more than a month and still pay off the massive amounts of debt I somehow managed to accrue over the years.

Then I got my cap and gown.

It's sad that that's what actually made me realize that I'm graduating.

Until then, it had just been a continuation. Still not graduated yet. Now I have this stupid piece of fabric that I'll be forced to wear and an even stupider hat that doesn't fit my head properly...but it makes it feel so final.

Anyway, I'm down to one paper and then I'm done until I decide to go to grad school. Hopefully I still have the ambition to make it seem A worthy. (I just realized that a B average is kind of crappy and will not get me into any grad school...not that B+ will do me much better._

0 comments:

Post a Comment