Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why Nothing Gets Done by Governments

We all understand that governments have limitations. They have a lot to deal with and a lot of people to please.

Currently, one of my political science courses is running a simulation United Nations meeting- with Non-Governmental Organizations along for the ride.

None of us have anything to lose by participating and agreeing to whatever we feel like, the only thing that we have to worry about is saying enough to convince our professor to give us an A for the assignment.

And yet...we still don't accomplish anything. We've been sitting around for three days trying to convince each other that our wording is best and here's why.

I'm an NGO, national governments don't like my system or my policies. They really don't like the idea that I'm trying to tell them what to do within their country.

My point is- nothing is getting done and we're just sitting here trying to earn our grade. No wonder real governments and meetings don't accomplish anything.

It's really frustrating to deal with other people and their interpretations of words. I really can't be involved in politics unless I'm world dictator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment