Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This Freaking Lamp

There's a light on my campus that is on an automatic timer. It will turn on and off continuously all evening.

Now, this doesn't sound bad. In fact, it almost seems like a way of conserving energy.

However, there's a right way and a wrong way of installing a lamp that will have "downtime." And this one does it wrong.

It's not a motion-sensor light. No, that would make too much sense. Instead, it's on like...a ten minute rotation. It will be on for about ten minutes, then off for ten minutes.

Unfortunately, because of this timer, there's no telling where it is in the cycle when walking under it. I can't even count the number of times that I'll be walking under it and the light will suddenly go out.

Sometimes it comes on, but that's not freaky.

Anyway, my point is, this lamp is seriously disconcerting. I know now, after several nights of watching it turn off and on and not observing anyone/thing moving under it, that it's just a crazy (and pointless) test.

But that didn't stop me from initially thinking that demons were around to try and like...eat me.

My point is, this lamp needs to have a different system set up. Because not only is the current timer kind of dumb, it's the only one of its kind on campus. What the hell?

Now I'm off to bed to contemplate my poli-sci final.

0 comments:

Post a Comment