Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Had to listen to myself on tape...

It wasn't pleasant.

You know how everyone has a mental image of themselves and to tell them anything that contradicts it is essentially asking to be bitched at by them? I have to imagine that everyone is the same way about the sound of their voice.

Obviously everyone has different hearing, just like they have different finger prints and taste buds. But I find it hard to believe that hearing could be so skewed so that I sound completely different to myself than on tape.

Though, as I understand it, hearing my voice via phones or other electronic devices is often shocking to people. I sound very...female on the phone whereas in person, while you can tell that I'm female when I speak, my voice is relatively low.

Anyway, long story short: I had to record a message for my new job(yay wake-up calls! It's the only consolation in all of this- no one will hear it until tonight when we record over it). I listened to it play back because I was morbidly curious- it's not like I often hear myself speaking via telephone.

Man was I surprised!

So yeah, job is going well. Diet...not so much. Though only having access to food for about six hours a day and then standing all night is bound to help...right? Gonna try exercising when my shift ends tomorrow.

...but if my feet hurt then I will be saying "screw you!" to Anytime Fitness for a few more days and just using my bike in the afternoon. It's a lovely bike and deserves proper attention.

30 more minutes!!! Whoever invented the 8-hour workday kind of sucks. Except I suppose a 40-hour workweek is better than what it used to be...twelve hour days six days a week. *Shudder* No thanks.

In other news, still not world dictator yet. Though I am making progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment