Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How to Feel Like You're in a Horror Film

There are a lot of things about working in a hotel that is oddly reminiscent of horror films. I'm guessing this is why The Shining scares the living hell out of anyone that dares watch it.

#1: Things that go "bump" in the night
It's easy enough to ignore strange sounds when you're at home and there's light or other people to protect you from zombies or rabid mice-people or bats or whatever. But, when alone at home, even the smallest of noises can set you to curling under your comforter and closing your eyes tight enough to make you pass out.

Try hearing those sounds in a hotel. The sounds echo and reverberate to the point that you can't tell where they're coming from, or even how loud it should actually sound! It's mostly horrifying when you're standing at the front desk by

#2: Lights flickering

Sorry, can we get an electrician in here? Flickering lights are probably the most horrible things EVER! They can mean the power is being tampered with, they can mean that there's some crazy electrical interference, hell it can even mean that there's a demon or ghost standing behind you waiting for you to slip up enough for them to possess you!!! Blech, no thanks.

#3: Creepy guests
Okay, this isn't so much of a problem here. Most of the guests I've seen have been relatively friendly or at least not walking corpses. But, should there ever be a creeper, I will use my stapler as a gun!!! ...or I'll just quietly weep as they destroy me.

So...those are the three reasons I have for hotels being a terrible place to work...because they're like horror movies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment