Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Back from Hiatus (Or, Is That a Theme I Smell?)

My God I am terrible at this whole daily blogging thing! I get the slightest bit busy and this is the last thing on the list of "To Dos."

So yes, I apologize to anyone who actually enjoys this! I've been desperately trying to finish up college (and succeeded- woo!) and find a job (which I also succeeded at).

Anyway, now that I've managed to graduate and find a job that will allow me to pay off the epic amounts of debt I've somehow managed to find myself in, I can once again attempt to blog daily.

I decided that this summer there will probably be a theme for the next few months. I've moved back into my parents' house for the summer because I wasn't entirely sure I would find a full-time job and a roommate who is willing to put up with me for another year. But I did, so I only have to spend a summer with the rents =P

(Love you, Mom. Really.)

Unfortunately, my parents got a little enthusiastic when I left for college. Meaning they turned my room into a home office and moved my bed into the storage room in our creepy-ass basement.

This was fine before, basically I was only here for a week at a time tops so it wasn't an issue. But now, with four months of dwelling taking place, I need some space that actually feels like a room.

This last week has been me reorganizing everything so storage is on my loft frame and my mattress/room is on the floor.

The bed hasn't fallen on me in the middle of the night yet, so I'm counting it a success. For now, at least.

So for now, an introduction to my room!

Basically, my room consisted of a loft bed and a dresser. The rest of the room was filled with stuff that had been saved over the years or seasonal clothing or Beanie Babies...and other junk that no sane people would probably keep.

When I moved my stuff back? There was no room. I put all my things on top of the bed just to get them out of the way.

It wasn't so bad moving everything out. But the living room looked like a Good Will store had vomited all over everything. (It's better now. Everything is back in its place...just where I should be sleeping rather than the floor where I am sleeping.)

Happily, my "room" is now a mattress, a shoe rack, a dresser, a bookshelf, and a DVD shelf (or two). And it feels like a room. (Mostly because I have a TV and N64 at the foot of my bed...no sleep ever!!! :D)

Anyway, be on the lookout for some pretty epic stories about the ghost I'm pretty sure is my roommate and other reasons why living in a storage room is probably one of the more interesting experiences one can have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment