Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Friday, May 20, 2011

*Insert Clever Title Here*

Is it awful that I will never be able to write anything real because I can't do anything relating to character development. I can't even come up with good names!!!

I think that's why I enjoy writing fanfiction so much- I don't have to do anything except analyze the characters and put that analysis into words! I don't have to spend time describing the characters or outlining their past. I don't even have to name them.

All I have to do is go "Haaa, Balthazar said Cas' trench coat is dirty and that he loves Dean" and away my thoughts can go!

See, this is a problem, because in order to make myself feel like I'm accomplishing something by being a night auditor for a hotel, I've decided to try and write a book when we have free time. (This is the alternative to spending hours on Facebook each night.)

So, aside from character development fail, my other problem is coming up with a plot.

Most of my book ideas come from when I have cracked out dreams that don't relate to fandom. I dunno...they often intrigue me but then my description makes my friends go "...wha?" Leading me to believe that my ideas are probably not going to amuse anyone if I can't even get my friends to back the ideas.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep blogging away about stuff I think about. Probably when I should be doing math or something...

0 comments:

Post a Comment