Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Care packages...of sorts.

I'm sure most of you have eaten macaroni and cheese at some point. I'm sure most of you know that it's pasta, powdered cheese, butter, and milk.

What I'm not sure most of you know is that there is mac'n'cheese made of powder and air.

I'm serious.



One of my roommates got a care package- I think it was called the "tasty" or the "delicious" box?- and there were TWO packages of these.

Who would make these in the first place?

Who would think this was a good enough idea to put these in this box?

Who would think putting more than one was an even better idea?

Confusion runs rampant in my brain!

We looked at these and just made one of those faces. You know the ones, where your nose scrunches up because you're not sure whether or not it's just a bad joke?

We had to try them, of course.



We discovered they were, essentially, air-popped popcorn. Which I hate...

But then they had like...powdered white-cheddar on them? I don't even know.

This basically went on my list of "never again" foods- right up there next to ketchup flavored potato chips. (These aren't bad, exactly, I just think they're a little weird even for me.)

Also in this care package was a thing of pretzels. Now...my brain is sufficiently in "college" mode. So, things get misread sometimes.

This package of pretzels had the word "Hanover" on it. Of course, I thought it said "hangover" and I thought it was very thoughtful of them to include things for hangovers.

There were a number of other things: Cheez-its, granola bars, trail mix, dehydrated fruit...fresh fruit, and some candy.

And then there were these guys:



I'm glad to know they understand that we college students appreciate candy, weird snacks, and toys a lot more than anything else.

So yeah...weird shit. Care packages has it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment