Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nouns as verbs

I think using nouns as verbs is probably my favorite thing ever. And I'm really glad the show My Boys touches on it.

One of the more satisfying moments of my day is when I get to say things like "I'm going to internet for a while," or "Nah, I'm just gonna Facebook."

So, I think that all nouns should probably become verbs.
DVD can replace "watch a movie,"
Becca can replace "hang out with Becca,"
Spanish can replace "Going to Spanish class/ Speak in Spanish/ talk to someone from Spain/ go to Spain."

Anyway, I really like cutting down words like that. I enjoy that I can be that lazy and it just makes the lazy epic.

1 comment:

  1. Except that the immediate problem I see there is that "I'm going to Becca" is just vague enough to include the possibility that you're doing things you probably don't intend. :P

    Also, see: Newspeak.

    ReplyDelete