Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Laundry Day...Underthings Tumbling

First off- If you've never seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog you must. No, don't even try to fight me on this.

I can never decide if laundry day is my cathartic BFF or my arch-nemesis.

I really enjoy having fresh, clean, warm clothing. I also enjoy the feeling of accomplishment I get when I manage to prove that I'm capable of being responsible and adult-like.

There's nothing like pulling warm clothes out of the laundry and just kind of sticking your hands in the pile. The clothes smell nice because of your fabric softener or static sheets or your detergent...whatever, they just smell nice, OK?

Also, if you're a college student, you no longer have to exhaust your limited supply of "nice" clothes. (You all do it, I know you do. If you see a college student dressed nicely two days in a row you know they have to do laundry...or they're education majors.)

It's also a wonderful excuse to get out of doing shit:
*Have to go to a family function? Sorry- too busy, I have to do laundry.
*Trip to the bar with that one girl who gets ridiculously drunk and always vomits on everyone? Sorry- I have to do laundry.
*Homework to do? I have to do my laundry first, then I'll write that 15-page paper that's due in 12 hours.

So it's a wonderful escape tool. You can even watch TV while you're doing it and not feel guilty. It's not like it requires a lot of brain-power.

...but then you always have to fold the laundry. And you always lose something. Mostly socks.

I think laundry machines actually run on socks. Electricity is a lie. Cotton on the other hand? Capable of powering the entire world-grid with just one set of footie-pajamas.

It's really frustrating to lose socks.

I hate socks- they're confining and itchy, but I recognize the need for them to keep my shoes from smelling awful. Thus, when I lose them it upsets me. Mostly because then I have to go spend more money on something I dislike, especially since they were perfectly fine before going in the laundry machines.

So, that's why I can't decide how I really feel about laundry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment