Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ridiculous Habits: Part 1

I have a lot of silly habits that I am sometimes seriously ashamed of. Today, you all get to read a few of them!

Habit #1
The lights in my townhouse have a delay to them- I've timed it really well so that I can now do this.

Whenever I turn my lights on, I wait until they're just about to turn on and I snap. I do this because I like to pretend I have magic powers (even if it is just for something as simple as turning on lights).

There's just something about snapping and the lights turning on that makes me feel really cool.

Basically, I just want to be able to do magic.

Habit # 2
If I know that I'm alone, I walk around my dorm/house so I know there are no creepers in my house.

I look under beds, behind doors, in closets.

I prepare myself for battle.

Habit # 3
I have an oral fixation.

I spend a lot of time putting things in my mouth. I chew gum, I chew on pencils and pens, I put phones in my mouth if I don't have good access to any of those thing.

I bite books and papers just to hear the disgusted reactions of my peers.

Habit # 4
I mostly speak without thinking.

That's kind of why I started this blog. I say things and people laugh so I think I'm funny. Most of the things I write about stem from some random statement that I've made.

This is actually even more true in my classes. I just spew responses and teachers glare.

Habit # 5
I sleep on top of my comforter.

I've done this for years. For many reasons:

1) There's no point making the bed day after day, but I like the look of a bed that's made. If I don't sleep under the covers, there's no need.
2) I get really warm at night. I don't understand it. You'd think that my body would cool down at night. No. False.
3) Usually, if I sleep under my covers, I end up having an epic battle with my comforter and wake up with it on the floor and sweat everywhere.

As a sub-point: I don't use a flat sheet at all. Ever.

Habit # 6

I organize my books alphabetically by author and separated into fiction and non-fiction.

I admit it, I am this anal retentive. I alphabetize my movies too, but I have stopped breaking them down into genre also.

Habit # 7

If I want a movie, I'm at Walmart, at midnight, to pick it up.

Yeah, I support "The Beast." Most of the time, I pretend that I have absolutely no other free time to purchase that movie. But I kind of don't care- I'm very big on that whole "instant gratification" thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment