Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Uniforms

It occurred to me the other day that if I truly wish to become famous, I should probably start talking about one thing in this blog. I mean, if I really need a cathartic method of recording my thoughts I should probably just go get a journal and stop polluting the internet right?

I'm going to disagree with myself here- I think my random setup is what makes this awesome. And one day, everyone else will recognize that.

The reason I was thinking about this goes back to a more neurotic tendency of mine: I like checking the traffic sources.

See, "They" give you this handy stats tab that tracks page views, country views, OS views, and then the traffic sources (where they get their link from).

Most of the time it's Facebook because I'm an attention whore who is trying to stack the odds in my favor by exploiting my friendships and their free time.

But an exciting thing happened the other day. Google appeared!

I was thrilled. Honestly, my heart started racing. OK, that's a bit much...but I was excited!

Fortunately, it tells you which search terms ended up triggering your blog.

Here's mine:
"what are the id ego superego in fantasia sorcerer's apprentice"

...how random is that? I mean, I kind of understand it with Mickey being the Id and the Sorcerer being the Superego (and the broomstick as the Ego I guess?).

But seriously, I wrote two separate posts about Fantasia and the id ego and superego.

Needless to say, I was amused.

So, if something like this can happen because I'm being completely random, I don't see why I should change my ways. I take great enjoyment in what I've written so far and received a hit from f***ing GOOGLE as a result.

Therefore! There shall only be one common theme throughout this blog: the ongoing truth that I seriously cannot be left alone for more than a few hours (especially at 1 AM).

Now, I shall make a smooth transition from talking about uniform blog posts to talking about uniforms. (See what I did there? I tried to find a common theme and it still didn't work.)

Uniforms are adorable. I love seeing private school uniforms in a way that I'm not sure is entirely healthy. Other forms of uniform are also acceptable but much less appreciated.

I've always been torn on the uniforms in schools debate. On the one hand, I really enjoy the fact that it would level the playing field- no one is going to insult someone for buying their jeans at Target instead of Silver or for going to Hot Topic. I think I may have heard somewhere that they tend to do better too? I dunno, don't quote me on that.

On the other hand, I appreciate individuality. I like when people don't try to be someone they're not. For example, it makes me really happy when I see someone wearing rainbow overalls (they should make more of these BTW).

I think dress codes are important in public schools. I also think they're probably the best way to go for American schools.

All that being said, when my roommate watches Glee, I have to admit I'm thrilled when the Warblers are on screen because they wear uniforms and aren't a real school- thereby satisfying my love of seeing uniforms and my desire to maintain schools that don't have uniforms.

Now all I need is for Team Free Will to have uniforms and I will be set!

1 comment:

  1. Team Free Will = earth tones?
    Also, the captcha said "Canom" and I got real excited thinking it said canon... but alas.

    ReplyDelete