Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Quest

So, for the last few months (years) I've been having this huge identity crisis of sorts. It's something everyone goes through. If you haven't done anything and have no life plan by the time you're 20...you're f***ed.

It's one of those weird things, we kind of expect too much of ourselves.

Anyway, shortly after final exams this semester, my roommate and I were carefully avoiding the topic of "the future" because it sends both of us into panic attacks.

We have enough trouble living through today! Let alone trying to figure out tomorrow or the rest of our lives!

But there's one consistent..theme that runs ours lives: GLBT rights and toleration.

We love these people! Most of our friend group falls into this category.

So, with the repeal of DADT fresh in mind, we've decided that it is time for us to take a stand for what we believe in. We will be crusaders...and go knock some sense into the world dammit!

That is our quest: to rid the US of stupid prejudices and expose the next generation to a mentality of acceptance.

Our lives are complicated enough without this kind of bullshit dividing our species. So here we are! Hoping to educate the future so they don't make the same mistakes we are :)

1 comment: