Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I should have been an ed major

Probably not, actually. I don't really like the idea of trying to teach an entire classroom of students.

But I will admit that there's something infinitely satisfying about helping people figure things out and sharing information with them.

I decided that I should just get certified to do home school education and restart what the ancient Greek philosophers did- I'll just sit and talk to kids.

There's a reason that so many of the greatest minds of all time come from this age- they're reared on this idea of just thinking.

Reading, writing, math, science, philosophy, psychology- it's all fascinating and so many people ignore a lot of it.

There's something brilliant in the idea of sitting down one-on-one and encouraging a young mind to start thinking for itself.

Kids are a lot smarter than we really give them credit for- or at least more creative. I think it would be interesting to see what they could do given this kind of education.

Of course...that means more work for me to actually get certified. Because I'm sure no parent would be down for this kind of thing without an actual curriculum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment