Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Earth is Purgatory

Now, I know a lot of people don't buy into this idea of "Purgatory." A place where all you do is wait for your time to go up.

But what if purgatory is just that state of waiting? Isn't that basically what we all do? Wait our entire lives for something?

Something good, something bad, something amazing or horrific.

Yeah, sometimes things happen. But generally, it happens when we die.

What if Earth is actually what Purgatory is?

Those that die young have already achieved "judgment;" and those that die old are still waiting for theirs.

Then there are those that don't just wait. They kick ass and take names and take life by the balls...so to speak.

I guess this idea kind of speaks to "Only the good die young." (Which is not true. Some good people live nice, long, active lives.)

This also helps me find an explanation for Déjà vu. You know, that sensation that you've experienced a moment before? Kind of like you have a really vivid memory of that time.

And what if Purgatory, or the life we think we're leading, is just a way to give us a sort of second-chance?

One of my favorite images is of a corner in Purgatory where there's a pool directly connected to Hell. Souls get to cycle through this pool and surface every so often to beg forgiveness of the souls they wronged.

They get to continue this until those souls have passed into Paradise. If they are never forgiven, they remain in Hell.

I really like this because it kind of offers an idea that one's initial fate isn't final, and that one must rely on and place trust in other people.

Anyway, that's kind of why I find this idea interesting. It's kind of depressing, thinking that we might all actually be dead, but ultimately I think it's a neat concept.

0 comments:

Post a Comment