Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Annoying Bodily Reactions

Alright, so there are some things the human body does that really irritate me. I understand why it happens, I just think we should work on it not happening.

1. Itching after being cold
After struggling through below-freezing and often below-zero temperatures, it's wonderful to get back in whichever nice, warm building that was your destination.

...until your body starts warming up.

Hands and feet are awful! As soon as they start warming up...they itch! It's horrible! Nothing stops it! I generally end up wanting to go back outside to make the itching stop.

My roommate just informed me that for her it feels more like a burning sensation. I would agree with this, but it definitely feels like itching to me.

2. Needing to pee due to alcohol
I really dislike this one. Alcohol has been around for a long, long time. Why have our bodies not adapted to this fact and made our bladders stronger against it as a diuretic?

Apparently not.

It's one of my least-favorite parts to drinking. You go, and then you have to keep going!!!

3. Untimely arousal
Now, this one is really really unfortunate. And I know that it happens, so don't question me!

It's really annoying when you're sitting there, pretending to pay attention while really reading fanfiction on your laptop or iPod, and then it happens.

Suddenly all you can think about is having sex.

It's even worse for teenage boys. For them it's just kind of like "Reason? What the hell is that?" and suddenly they have to shift on the uncomfortable stools in the science classrooms to try and make themselves more comfortable and less-obviously hard.

I kind of feel bad for them...

4. Random noises to surprise/terror/shock/ etc
This might sound weird, but most people I know make very distinct noises when something has shocked or excited them.

Some people find these noises very annoying. They're usually high-pitched and scratchy.

...I dunno.

5. Saying "ow" even when it didn't hurt
This one really confuses me. It doesn't matter if we got hit with a wad of paper or a seven-ton-steel pipe, we will respond "ow."

It's just a reflex. It's the most simple way to say we disliked the action taken against us.

And yet...it's so ridiculous. Why not "hey!" or just "oh come on!" nope, it has to be "ow!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment