Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

iPod Shuffle

Once or twice a year an iPod shuffle meme comes out on the internet. (When I say "comes out" I mean that it has a significant number of people I know that actually fill it out.)

I've never actually done one of these before; in part due to my inability to really care what the soundtrack of my life sounds like, and in part due to the...wide variety of music on my iPod.

But I decided this sounded infinitely more interesting than cleaning computers- so I finished those up quickly so I could get to this.

Now, I've put my iPod on shuffle with all of my songs (I try to keep a playlist of songs that people might actually want to listen to for when we need music on car rides or at parties or cleaning...whatever one might need music for.)

So, here are the first ten songs:
1. "Because of You" -Kelly Clarkson
2. "Bat Out of Hell" -Meatloaf
3. "Cherry Pie" -Warrant
4. "The Agoge" -Tyler Bates (300 soundtrack)
5. "Turn the Page" -Bob Seger
6. "Benson's Animal Farm" -Dane Cook (this...isn't a song...)
7. "It's Not Over" -Daughtry
8. "Brothers" -Vic Mignogna (translated, it's originally in Russian and very pretty but I kind of like understanding the words)
9. "Wisdom, Justice, and Love" -Linkin Park
10. "Every Move I Make" -Andy Cloninger (Google seems to be telling me this was originally done by the David Crowder Band...I don't know)

The next five artists were: Foreigner, Linkin Park, Howard Shore, Nickleback, and 3 Doors Down.

Ok, so I've got pop music, some classic rock, instrumental soundtracks, anime song translations, worship music, and Linkin Park.

(IMO- Linkin Park is amazing and gets their own little category. Deal with it! I've loved them since like...fifth grade.)

Aaaannd I'm only on track 15 of 683.

Music is one of the things I blame my parents for- I grew up listening to primarily Harry Chapin and Neil Young. My first concert was Steve Miller Band.

So couple that with the fact that I've also never actively listened to the radio except during my horrible country phase, I'm doomed in the music department.

Also: Let it be known that country songs will never leave your memory. I haven't listened to country in over ten years but when I hear some of my favorites...the lyrics come rushing back.

In other news, it keeps snowing. This is a bad, bad thing. The snow situation looked so good until Thursday.

Then the planet was just kind of like "HA! You thought you didn't need to sandbag! Suck on this!"

(Maybe that's the solution! We should all just go eat the snow before it melts. Then none of us will be dehydrated, and the snow won't melt into the river! I am a genius!)

In other, other news- I've decided to try and become a book editor. No matter that I haven't actually taken an English class since high school!

0 comments:

Post a Comment