Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Interwebz Fail

Over the years, I have gone through the many stages of blogs and internet-usage.

Mostly, I pretend I never had a Xanga or a Myspace. I still use my LiveJournal, but only because fanfiction.net had really poor fanfiction and LJ has higher standards.

I recently- reluctantly- got Tumblr and Twitter accounts in order to better flood the internet with all the mindless drivel I write here. (Other people do it with shittier stuff right?)

But in an act of nostalgia, I signed up for a new Xanga. I'm never going to actually put anything there, but it certainly is familiar. I don't think their setup has changed at all since I got mine in 2003.

Not that any of the others have either- which is probably why people are so willing to forget them.

See, the almighty internet god Facebook continues to update and try to "improve" it's services.

What this actually does? Is inspire rage. Pure, unadulterated rage.

This rage is what keeps us coming back to Facebook. Regardless of the fact that none of us can actually remember the original layout, we are determined to prove that the changes were pointless and make it super crap-tastic to use.

Then we forget about the changes after raging about it. But they've hooked us until the next layout change.

(Not gonna lie, I really hate their new picture viewer. I think this is one change people will not soon forget.)

Anyway, that's my rant about internet technology and how easy it is to fail at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment