Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

So...It's a New Year...Right?

I have a serious problem when it comes to years switching. You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult, once every 365 days I have to add a year to whatever I've been saying the last 365 days.

Except...I find this impossible.



And it always manages to be one of the most irritating things ever- because it should probably be really simple.

For example, I'm writing my first check of the year:



Notice the epic fail to try and cover the fact that I can't remember that it's now 2011.

It's also irritating whenever I'm typing. I'm ready to turn in a final draft, and this happens:



I typed 2010...instead of 2011. Now, I'm typing, it's an easy error, but still...seriously? Did I really just do that?

So then I'm forced to backspace and fix it.



PS- Title pages are some of my least-favorite things ever. Nobody can really agree on a proper format so everyone's looks differently and we wasted several sheets of paper. (Probably even more because stupids don't catch their errors and have to retype their professor's name or something like that.)

Then there's the sad thing where you accidentally misspeak in presentations.

You accidentally say something like "last year" instead of "2009," and nobody notices...except you.

You get this horrible nervous feeling that nobody will take you seriously because you don't even know what year it is!

You correct yourself, and nobody in the audience actually thinks anything of it; but it's too late for your confidence.



Then finally, FINALLY, you adjust to the new year. You're writing your checks and papers correctly, and you don't misspeak during your presentation anymore (at least not about years). Everything is awesome.



Unfortunately, by the time you get used to it being 2011, it's already 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment