Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Best of the Harry Potter Books

So, in honor of the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, today I'm writing about the best Harry Potter book.

(I wish I was at the movie right now. Both of my roommates are :( I had to work until midnight.)

I've lived, breathed, slept, ate, and been generally obsessed with the Harry Potter books for years.

12 years to be exact.

Anyway, after much deliberation, I've chosen what I believe to be the best Harry Potter book:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

There's just something about this book:
-The imagery was fantastic.
-The characters were starting to grow up.
-Dementors are creepy as hell.
-Hippogriffs!
-Drunk professors (yay Hagrid!)
-Draco Malfoy being a pansy-ass! (The one good thing the movie did.)
-SNAPE IN A DRESS!
-WE ARE INTRODUCED TO REMUS LUPIN AND SIRIUS BLACK! (This last point is pretty much a "nuff said" for me.)

Anyway, the movie version of this is pretty crappy. Like, made my blood boil in rage crappy.

But it's all ok. Because the book is so glorious. In fact, it's so glorious I own it in English and Spanish.
---
Some quotes I've stolen:
"When will they learn that hanging's the only way to deal with these people?"
~ Vernon Durlsey; regarding convicts

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
~The Maurader's password

0 comments:

Post a Comment