Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CSI (Crime Scene Idiots)

I have definitely watched my fair share of cop shows. Some are funny (Psych I love you), some are serious (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Law and Order), and some are just really pathetic (CSI: Miami or New York).

Here's what I've learned: people that intend to watch these shows should really try to learn the basics about Forensic Science and law.

Now I'm not saying they should obnoxiously try to tear apart shows for what's real and what's not. Because it's annoying as hell when people do that.

But, if people would take the time to learn the basics, the shitty shows might not exist anymore. We can rid the world of the horrible blocks of time that television is completely overrun with "procedural cop shows." (Thanks "Dean")

The real problem with these shows actually affects the real world- it's known as the "CSI effect."

The CSI effect is the tendency for members of a jury to demand DNA evidence for a case to be solid (you can check Wikipedia for a little more detail). Most of them can be convinced that DNA isn't necessary, but sometimes it seriously screws over the case.

Long story short- if you're going to watch something like this, watch responsibly. Please educate yourselves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment