Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

How Townhouse East 115 Wakes Up: A Litany

My roommates and I all wake up around the same time. Somehow, we manage not to get in each others' ways when we all go to the bathroom to shower.

We all have very specific patterns:

Becca gets up and walks in a trance to the shower. Five minutes later, she exits the shower and goes to her room to get dressed.

Once clothed, she goes to the couch and either opens her laptop or pulls out unfinished homework.

The TV is almost instantly turned on to channel 33, TNT. This glorious station shows two rerun episodes of Supernatural every weekday.

Bobbie also exits her room in a trance every morning. But she tends to stand in her doorway for a few seconds before actually entering the bathroom.

She takes mammoth showers. Becca and my shower times combined are still shorter. But that's what it takes when your hair more than vaguely resembles Hermione Granger's.

Bobbie has the misfortune of being awake until around 3 or 4 every morning because she almost always has stories for her classes due. Thus, she wakes up at pretty much the last possible time.

When she finally finishes showering, she goes to her room to get dressed, and I don't see her again until we walk to our classes.

I kind of putz around every morning. I almost always catch a little bit of SPN with Becca. This is when all of our best analyses of the show and characters occur.

I tend to go out into the living room before showering, so my bedhead kind of runs amok.

See, I have really oily hair. I literally can't go more than a day without washing my hair. So, I shower in the morning to optimize my clean hair and social times.

But this leaves my hair susceptible to bedhead.

Becca informed me that one of her favorite parts about the morning is that I come out with bedhead and say something really deep. Because, of course, I look absolutely ridiculous and I'm saying things that are generally pretty insightful.

Here's a picture of my morning hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment