Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why Drinking Parties ARE a Good Idea

Last night, my friends and I decided it would be a brilliant idea to drink alcohol and keep a tally of how many "moments" a large number of pairings in Supernatural have.

We had actually been talking about it for a while, and we finally started!

We kept tally on the following pairings:
Sam and Dean
Sam and Cas
Dean and Cas
Evidence of Straight
Evidence of Gay

The last two were more for amusement. Sometimes the males I just named actually have sex with women. We needed to take this into account! We also needed to have a "Catch-all of gay activities" category because there's just something about when Dean says "backwood Duchovny" that always makes me wonder.

Because we were all hugely biased in one ship's favor, we set the following criteria for a "moment":
1. Any "lingering" looks- this means they lasted more than three seconds. If they happen to do a "body scan" with their eyes, it counted as a continuation of that look.

2. Any unnecessary touching.

3. Pet-names. Whether they were sarcastic or not, dammit.

4. Lip licking of any kind.

Now, once those rules were set, we busted out the alcohol, the notepad, a pen, and the "Gay Goggles."

Now, we started on season 4 of the show, simply due to trying to be fair to each pairing. There are 60 episodes before Cas is even introduced!

So, we leveled the playing field, started fresh, ignored all the fan-service in season 2, and opened our bottles.

And so it began.

About four hours later, we were all having a giggly fit. There was one guy in our group- totally unfortunate for him since all we were talking about is the different combination of male/male couples in the show.

(As a side note here- I woke up today and my first thought was "There's no way you can get out of this with your masculinity intact"...still not entirely sure where that came from.)

At one point, we ended up analyzing this guy. He got his own "gay tally" on my sheet of paper. He was pretty insistent that he's not gay...which kind of just led to us giving him more points.

I drew him a graph:


Basically, I started out thinking he was straight. Then, "Arrow 1" is where I hear some stories about him that make me wonder.

It goes back down because of his insistence, and the fact that he keeps talking about all of the straight sex he's had.

Then "Arrow 2" happens. This is the turning point. The irrefutable proof that one is gay. There's really no coming down from this.

At this point, their gay level is growing exponentially and racing towards infinity.

I think this is pretty representative of all males who eventually come out.

...anyway. The final tally after season 4 was:
Sam and Dean - 2
Sam and Cas - 1
Dean and Cas - 13
Evidence of Straight - 5
Evidence of Gay - 4

4 comments:

  1. Omg Maddi, I laughed so hard reading this. ILU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am never coming over to your guys' place again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel bad for that male friend of yours....

    ReplyDelete