Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Birthdays

So, birthdays are kind of weird. They're supposed to be super special awesome for the person born that day.

We celebrate them that one day of the year as a holiday only for them.

But did they really do anything worth celebrating? I mean, their mom did all the hard work. Their mom went through all the pain.

I think the initial birth day is a celebration of the parents and new life right?

Eventually this day stops meaning anything. After a certain point there's nothing you can really look forward to on that day except that you've defeated Darwinism for one more year. (I admit, I'm still eagerly awaiting the day when my brain is fully formed and I can think critically about things that aren't related to fictional characters.)

So I haven't reached that point yet, but it's kind of funny when I think about how unremarkable birthdays actually are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment