Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why?!

I woke up this morning at 9 for my 9:45 shift at the library. This happens every Saturday morning, and every Saturday morning I wonder why the f*** I did this to myself.

During the week, I don't start my day until 10:30. So why did I think it would be a good idea to wake up early on my Saturdays?

Seriously, who does that? Especially college students.

Friday nights, I'm supposed to watch Supernatural, judge it harshly enough that I'm not just giving it a free pass then squee about all the glorious boy-love action that I like to pretend is canon.Then, when I'm done with that, I ignore my homework.

That's when we pretend we don't live on a dry campus and actually choose to drink at my parents' house. Except I don't get to really enjoy this because I have work in the morning!

Every day of the week Sunday-Friday I get to sleep until at least 9:30. Sometimes I just don't get up until 10. Sundays are glorious because I just get myself stay up late and wake up whenever.

So why, in the name of all things holy, would I choose to get up early that day? (Granted, if I could just get up and watch all kinds of cartoons I probably would.)

My only logical explanation for doing this: I'm a masochist.

Everything I do, it all comes back to that fact. I just like punishing myself. It's why I have two majors and a minor- none of which defines a job that I can do when I graduate and leaves me scrambling trying to pick a profession that will impress my family and friends at the 10 year reunion (since my social life has a negative learning curve and living with my college roommates or my brother isn't that impressive...).

I even did that thing where I convinced myself "I'd only hit the snooze button once" which means I actually kept hitting hit until 9:15- the last possible time to wake up and still have time to shower and eat breakfast. But it's not like you get any extra sleep from doing this; mostly I just close my eyes dreading the next alarm.

Oh well, at least I can do my homework right?

Another thing- my phone has the weirdest screen font ever. "ALARM" totally does not look like alarm every time I see it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment