Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fantasia 2000

I was recently watching Fantasia 2000 and came up with a few observations:

The whales are a gay couple raising a foundling whale baby.
Seriously, it's the only reason I can think of for there to be two Humpback whales and a baby Blue whale.

The story with the one-legged soldier is adorable.

He's so hopeful that his one leg missing won't offend her because she's also missing a leg. And he's so embarrassed and downhearted when he discovers she actually has two legs. But he's just too cute and they love each other.

What the hell is up with the flamingos?
The flamingo with the yo-yo is like the ADHD kid in class that everyone tries to ignore but they can't.

Disney has a hard-on for mountain monsters.
Both Fantasia productions end with sequences about monsters coming out of mountains to terrify some unsuspecting thing (like a village or a forest).

The broom is like the f***ing Hydra.
I mean, Mickey hacks that thing to freaking pieces. And it just comes back! Into many other brooms.

My fear of and desire to please authority figures comes from watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
The Sorcerer is terrifying. Mickey upsets him. Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. I like the flamingo one, because usually I'm that ADHD kid no one can ignore.

    ReplyDelete