Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back to regularly scheduled programming

I'm all ranted out for a bit, but be prepared for some good info on food and health care sometime.

Today, though, today is a discussion about anime.

Last night my roommates and got together to watch anime, since Supernatural is still on hiatus... those bastards.

(We did watch Devour which has Jensen Ackles...I feel like the writer watched The Ninth Gate and Stay Alive, maybe even Devil's Advocate, and decided they would make a good amalgamation for a new movie. But I was still able to establish a baseline of what was wrong and who was the "bad guy." DEPRESSING!)

Anyway, we watched some of these two anime: Hetalia: Axis Powers, and Black Butler

Hetalia requires alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. It's hilarious without alcohol, but you're stuck going "Wait...what?!!?!?" through the whole thing. But get a couple drinks in the audience and you don't care so much that there doesn't seem to be any coherent information being presented.

Black Butler, on the other hand, is just frickin' amazing! I'm so glad it's in English now. I mean, I'm not opposed to listening to the Japanese language tracks and reading the English subtitles, but I really feel like I can appreciate the show more if I don't have to focus on reading.

I love both these shows...a lot!

The history nerd in me is in love with the unique way Hetalia tries to...teach? about the history of the world. It's super funny. And all the characters are cute ;)

Then there's the gloriousness of the demon butler. He's amazing!!!

But then there's the most wonderful thing ever: butterbeer!!!

Those of you who don't know Harry Potter, butterbeer is a drink they have. There's no alcohol in the regular recipe...but ours did.

Basically, it's cream soda and butterscotch schnapps.

Love.

Then we put ice cream in it. Best. Dessert. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment