Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Monday, January 24, 2011

People probably think we're weird

I was struck today by the sudden realization that anyone who walks into my dorm is probably under the impression that my roommates and I are very weird.

This happened because Becca received some magnets in the mail today. Magnets of a human body and various organs.

They are, of course, on the refrigerator right now.

Now, if it were Halloween, this probably wouldn't make anyone look twice. Since it's nearing the end of January? Might be cause for concern.

There's also the issue of the life-size Aragorn cutout staring directly at the door. I'm sure most people would be concerned. (Especially since he's decorated for a different holiday each month. I'm really excited to put a little diaper and some wings on him for V-Day!)

Aside from those two things, it looks fairly normal, the excess of crap lying around the living room might make them curious- leading to them rifling through our stuff. If they rifled, they would probably be disturbed by the number of different subjects they find.

Delving deeper into our territory, they might find our closets. They're pretty normal, except where one is completely utility orientated and contains blankets, pillows, a first aid kit, a tool kit, and a few board games.

Now, our rooms would definitely have them calling the nut houses to try and get us some nice new white jackets will really long sleeves and a few fancy belts.

The walls of our rooms are completely covered with various pictures of our obsessions. Glee, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, there's not a lot of white space.

Of course, there's also our book collections. I think each of us has some...unique sets of books on our shelves. Some gay love, some historical romance, some Twilight, and the various classics and cult classics we all love.

At the very least, an intruder in our dorm would be very confused as to what kind of people lived here.

PS- My nerd won't let me not wish Dean Winchester a very happy birthday. So, yes, happy birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment