Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grocery shopping is a spree

You wouldn't think that shopping for groceries is a spree; but for college students- it totally is.

When a college student goes to the grocery store, they bring a list in an attempt to stay on track and not buy all kinds of superfluous crap.

Unfortunately, this list usually says something along the lines of: meat, bread, fruit, dressing, yogurt, chocolate.

If they're really good, it might involve some kind of household item they need, like tissues or maybe soap.

It's vague, and kind of pathetic. It's only really intended to steer them away from the chips and cookies...and the pop.

But most college students avoid homework. Like it's a plague. (Which, incidentally, I firmly believe.)

This means that when they get a chance to leave campus and do something that doesn't make them think of school, they just kind of linger.

Leading to all kinds of things appearing in the basket they convince themselves is all they need to carry things.

Frozen pizzas, random candy, multivitamins. (I went into a store today expecting to get only ranch dressing, I left with that...plus candy and multivitamins.)

The same thing happens at Walmart. If a student goes into Walmart, they're pretty much destined to leave with something they don't need. Then kind of act really unsure of their decision for the allotted amount of time before being all thrilled and ripping whatever packaging there may be off.

Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say about our horrible shopping habits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment