Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Movie Prices

Have you ever seen 10 Things I Hate About You? There's a part in this movie where Heath Ledger's character is guestimating the cost of taking a girl to a movie.

His end cost is like...$75 for him and a date to see one movie.

Last night, I came to the depressing realization that this is totally true!

Movies have gone from being five dollars to nine in the time that I've been going to movies with my friends (you know..the last ten years).

I don't understand why movie theaters have suddenly tried to become restaurants. Some of them sell steaks. I mean...what the hell? Who would buy a steak at a movie theater?

I mean, movies haven't exactly gotten better. Yeah, the CGI has improved as technology has. But damn inflation! How are we supposed to go see movies an obsessive number of times if we have to pay ten bucks each time?

That being said, I guess we'll find out which movies are actually worth seeing and which advertising companies do the best jobs.

I have to be careful about which movies I see. Because I really don't like spending money on something I dislike.

...so that's a little about movie theaters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment