Why I have a blog...

There are two goals in mind for this blog:
1.In the style of Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com), I'm hoping that I can simply become famous before I graduate so I never have to decide on a real career.
2. Let's prove the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory right! If you like what I write, tell a friend, and have them tell a friend, until all the friends everywhere have been notified.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve...The Big Leagues

Alright, here's the deal.

No one can party quite like my family.

Imagine a college frat party...with better booze and more of it.

Now imagine a group of 40+ year olds being the party-goers and you have something similar to what the average family get-together is for us.

Here's the impressive thing: most of them have never experienced a hangover.

The closest they get to a hangover is sleeping in past 8, and skipping their golf tee-time in favor of Bloody Marys.

Now, I have not been drinking long. By the age of 15 I had tried most of the various liquors (not everclear... I avoided that), and never really had the desire to actually have a drink. (Having an eternal frat party for a family does that to you.)

Anyway, so last night I was actually stranded with six of my adult family members and no one my age around. I didn't even have internet!

I decided around 10 it was a good time to start having drinks (we were playing the game Buzz Word and it's a lot more fun if you're buzzed).

I had a few "fruity bitch drinks" as we've dubbed them. You know...the fruity bottled shit that you're mostly too embarrassed to admit you drink?

Then they busted out the "Duck School Smoothie."

Now, it was probably pretty stupid of me to try this. Even the most experienced drinkers get taken to town by this concoction- most of them can't even remember what happened after they started drinking it.

But whatever, I needed to have some fun right?

A Duck School smoothie- named after the hunting "school" where it was "born"- consists of vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's. (Basically it's a white Russian but you substitute the cream for Bailey's.)

All I can say is that I remember last night, but I can totally understand why they would drink this in the middle-of-nowhere North Dakota. That shit is strong!

Also, I now feel I have been inducted into "the Big Leagues."

Happy New Year! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment